Last Runner Standing
08:00 AM (CDT)
Saturday April 17, 2021
Full event results from The Game : Virtual Edition April 2020 are available HERE.
Images of the mileage tracking can also be found at https://www.facebook.com/spectrumtrailracing/ or on our Instagram live feed @spectrumtrail!
We started out strong and steadfast in our focus on hosting The Game, and it has quickly become clear that we are in the middle of a historic crisis and are left to cross off every creative plan we could conjure up.
As per the CDC's guidelines, we can't host the typical throw-down party style of race that we typically host. The land owners of the ranch where The Game was slated to happen have also closed their gates. With the unknown status of Big's Backyard Ultra and Laz's lack of interest in creating a virtual option, we just don't feel like we're out of options to host The Game this April. So, to be perfectly clear: The Game April 2020 is cancelled.
We're offering a deferral to the next time we host this race (fingers crossed for end of this year, but it could be April 2021).
Those who can't make that race are welcome to free entry into any future Spectrum trail race.
We know this isn't ideal, and thank you for being patient with us while we exhausted all possible options. Be good to each other and be good to yourself!
Mallory, Jason, and Paxton
- Plan to park 7:00 - 7:45 am
- Line up at 8:00 am sharp to start your first 4.1667 loop. Everyone starts at once.
- The race ends when there is one racer left standing.
The Game : Spring 2021
Rules Of The Game (Last Man Standing):
- At the beginning of each loop, everyone is tied. Until the game is over or you’d dropped out, everyone is at the same place, rankings wise.
- Be back to the start line in 60 minutes (minimum 14:23 min/mile pace). Every 60 minutes after the start, we will flip a coin to determine which direction you will run the loop.
- We will give you a 2 minute and 1 minute warning to get lined up for each wave/race.
- Crew access is available at the start/finish. There is plenty of room to set up for your racer. Tents are allowed in camping areas only, a short 1 minute walk from the start/finish. Once you’ve DNFed, you are required to vacate your space at the start/finish to make room for any remaining racers.
- No pacers whatsoever.
- We will provide aid at the start/finish (water, ice, and orange-flavored-Tailwind). Around noon on Saturday, we will start cranking out as many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as you can eat.
- To win, you must be the only person left standing, the last runner, everyone else has gone home...
$400 Cash + Pair Of La Sportiva Shoes Awarded To The Overall Winner, Male Or Female
The single overall winner, regardless of how long you are out there, will receive $400. There is no minimum number of loops that need to be completed to be our winner. To win, you must be the single, last person who completed a 4.1667 loop in 60 minutes. If there is no single runner left standing, the house wins and Spectrum will likely use the prize money to buy more beer. Last year, the winner ran until 11:30 pm(ish), for a total of 15+ hours.
Throughout the race, we will announce certain loops as "primes". In that specific loop, the top male and female will both be awarded with a prize from one of our sponsors. These specific loops will be kept a secret until race day. The primes will be announced moments before the start of that loop. Prime awards were generously sponsored by:
Aid Stations and Drop Bags
The only aid station will be at the start/finish line. We will have a pavilion area at the start/finish reserved for racers and their drop bags and crews. All racers are welcome to bring pop-up tents, chairs, coolers, and whatever accouterments you need to endure The Game.
2784 FM 2434
Columbus, Texas (1.5 hours from Austin (1 hour from Austin airport), 1 hour from Houston)
88 Ranch has a Hunter's Cabin with 3 bunk beds (sleeps 6, coed), a shower, a living room, and a kitchen. The beds are available to reserve at $44/night ($88 for weekend).
When you’re ready to book this, just visit the Race Lodging section of our store! As of mid-November, there are still 5 beds available.
Camping Overnight @ The Game is Covered by Spectrum!
There will be a designated space for camping, that starts approx 10 meters away from the start/finish. You can camp as close as a 1 minute walk away or situate yourself further in the woods for a bit more peace and quiet. You must provide your own tent. We suggest you also bring a pop-up tent, camping chair, changes of clothes and a cooler full of your favorite snacks/drinks so you can take care of yourself between loops!