Your race fee includes your park entrance fees for The Game. Run a single lap of 4.1667 miles or commit to running until you just can't run anymore. At 7:00 AM, everyone will line up at the start line, regardless of how many loops you plan to run. If you make it back in 60 minutes, you are eligible to line up to race again. We will continue that until there is a single racer left standing. It's you against your competitors, and speedy legs will only get you so far.
Last Runner Standing
07:00 AM (CDT)
Saturday April 18, 2020
Last Runner Standing
Racer Check-in: 6:00 - 6:45
Race Brief: 6:45
Race Start: 7:00
Sunrise @ 7:06 Aam Sunset @ 7:59 pm
THIS IS A GOLDEN TICKET RACE. THE WINNER EARNS AN AUTOMATIC ENTRANCE INTO LAZ LAKE'S BIG BACKYARD ULTRA. OUR RACE IS THE ONLY GOLDEN TICKET RACE IN TEXAS.
Columbus, Texas (1.5 hours from Austin, 1 hour from Houston)
Park Entrance Fees
There is no entry fee for racers or spectators.
Follow race day parking directions and attendants.
Rules Of The Game:
- Plan to park 6:00 - 6:30 am
- Line up at 7:00 am sharp to start your first 4.1667 loop. Everyone starts at once.
- At the beginning of each loop, everyone is tied. Until the game is over or you’d dropped out, everyone is at the same place, rankings wise.
- Be back to the start line in 60 minutes (minimum 14:23 min/mile pace). Every 60 minutes after the start, we will flip a coin to determine which direction you will run the loop.
- We will give you a 2 minute and 1 minute warning to get lined up for each wave/race.
- Crew access is available at the start/finish. There is plenty of room to set up for your racer. Tents are allowed in camping areas only, a short 1 minute walk from the start/finish. Once you’ve DNFed, you are required to vacate your space at the start/finish to make room for any remaining racers.
- No pacers whatsoever.
- We will provide aid at the start/finish (water, ice, and orange-flavored-Tailwind). Around noon on Saturday, we will start cranking out as many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as you can eat.
- To win, you must be the only person left standing, the last runner, everyone else has gone home...
$400 Cash + Pair Of La Sportiva Shoes Awarded To The Overall Winner, Male Or Female
The single overall winner, regardless of how long you are out there, will receive $400. There is no minimum number of loops that need to be completed to be our winner. To win, you must be the single, last person who completed a 4.1667 loop in 60 minutes. If there is no single runner left standing, the house wins and Spectrum will likely use the prize money to buy more beer. Last year, the winner ran until 11:30 pm(ish), for a total of 15+ hours.
Throughout the race, we will announce certain loops as "primes". In that specific loop, the top male and female will both be awarded with a prize from one of our sponsors. These specific loops will be kept a secret until race day. The primes will be announced moments before the start of that loop. Prime awards were generously sponsored by:
Aid Stations and Drop Bags
The only aid station will be at the start/finish line. We will have a pavilion area at the start/finish reserved for racers and their drop bags and crews. All racers are welcome to bring pop-up tents, chairs, coolers, and whatever accouterments you need to endure The Game.
Columbus, Texas. More details coming soon. Expect flat, friendly, and ready for lots of miles!
Camping Overnight @ The Game
There will be a designated space for camping, that starts approx 100 meters away from the start/finish. You can camp as close as a 2 minute walk away or situate yourself further in the woods for a bit more peace and quiet. The camping area is fully shaded with rock rings for campfires. This covers each person for one night. You must bring your own tent.